We now distribute the novel resource, Arabidopsis cDNA Encyclopedia DNABookTM for the use of academic research. Inside the book, plasmid DNA of 1,069 RAFL clones that correspond to Arabidopsis transcription factors are spotted. As this resource is a test product, available number is limited. If you have an interest, please send your e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The RIKEN Genomic Sciences Center (hereinafter RIKEN GSC) and RIKEN BRC prepared the Arabidopsis cDNA Encyclopedia DNABookTM” using RIKEN GSC Arabidopsis full-length cDNA clones under the support by Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST) based on the patents (Japanese Laid Open Patent 2000-146958, US patent No. US 6,258,542, Europe patent No. EP 0,987,335, and Canadian patent No. CA 2,281,987) including those pending possessed jointly by RIKEN and DNAFORM.
- The recipient is required to pay 34,650 yen as the cost of expenses necessary for preparation or distribution of the resource. The shipment will be made on a cash-on-delivery basis.
- Users can obtain detailed information of the clones spotted on the book from here. Information of Arabidopsis transcription factors is summarized athttp://rarge.gsc.riken.jp/rartf/.
- When tested, insert cDNA was successfully amplified by PCR with the spot punched out from the book. Direct transformation of E. coli with the plasmid DNA eluted from the spot is possible, however, it was more difficult in some case. Also, we recommend users to keep the book at low humidity under low temperature for storage.
- The RAFL clones not always have exactly same sequence with those corresponding genes annotated by TAIR. Please examine the sequence of the clone that you are going to use carefully.